Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Getting Back in the Swing


It's been over a month since I posted here.

It seems like a day!

December was extremely busy.  In mostly good ways.  And during the busyness, I completely neglected writing.  I was ok with that, because I had to prioritize things like eating and bathing and doing Christmas-y stuff.  But I also missed it.  I had developed a good rhythm and I hated to lose that momentum.  So - here we are; new year, new routine.  

Here are some of the (pretty huge) highlights from the last few weeks.

1) We went to two meetings with our adoption agency.  One was a large group meeting with all of the couples slated to begin this process in December.  I forgot to actually count but I think there was somewhere around 12 couples present.  Some had adopted before, some were first timers like us.  It was an overwhelming day of information and emotion.   We left excited and motivated.  A few days later we returned for a second gathering of just four couples.  We hashed out more specifics about the process, and continued to receive priceless education about adoption, children, parenting, and life.  We created a profile that our agency will share with women looking for adoptive families for their babies.  We were assigned a new social worker.  It was great.  At this point, we are in a bit of limbo (more on that in a second) but things are progressing nicely!

2) We are in the above mentioned state of limbo because ... we are moving!!  Our search for a new space took us to a lovely little house in a neighboring area.  We walked through it on a Saturday morning and were in contract by Sunday afternoon.  It was love at first sight for me.  It's not the biggest or fanciest house, but it meets the biggest criteria I held onto during the months of looking - it feels like a home.  This is a house where we can settle and grow.  If everything continues to work out, we should be moving around Valentine's Day.  What a great gift!  Once we move, we will need to redo some of our adoption paperwork, and that's why we are on hold for now.
That's our big news -- steps closer to bringing our babe home and steps closer to having a home to bring our babe to!  I'm feeling incredibly blessed. 
Strike that: I *AM* incredibly blessed.

Thank you so much for being part of our story, our journey.  I can't wait to share with you all that 2014 holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but let's keep 'em classy