Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Adoption Updates

Even though our adoption (and blogging) progress halted a bit while we were putting everything we owned into boxes, loading those boxes onto a trailer, unloading those boxes into the garage at the new house and then carrying each of those boxes inside, unpacking them, finding a home for all of our things, and settling into this new space, we HAVE checked a few more things off of the unending adoption-to-do list.

Here's what has been completed since we moved:

Fire inspection at the new house

Safety audit update by the agency that holds our home study

Visit with a pediatrician

Updated financial statement

Profile finished and printed


And here's all that (I think) is left to do:

Meet with our social worker, Rachel

Send a check in to the agency

Be officially on the list and have a minor panic attack every time my phone rings


The most exciting thing about this is that our meeting with Rachel is scheduled for tomorrow night! It's like the last step before we can just send in the check and be done with all the preparation.

Would you join me in prayer?

*****

Father God,
How do I begin to thank you for your constant provision?  You have blessed us beyond what we could ever ask, and have walked beside us through every step of this process.  As we are nearing the end, I ask for peace and for patience.  I ask that we would continue to keep sight of our end goal - to glorify you in everything we do, including bringing children into our family and teaching them about your love.
I pray today for the woman who may right now this very minute be considering adoption for her unborn child.  I pray that she would have peace about her decision, that she would feel your presence as she reads profiles and weighs her options.  And I pray for her health as life grows inside her.
I also pray for the baby who will be ours.  I pray that they are healthy, not being exposed to alcohol or drugs, that they are growing and developing just as they should.  I pray that they enter into this world safely, smoothly, and without complication.
And I pray for our family as we grow from 2 to 3, that we can bond quickly with baby, that we can be diligent in teaching them about you, and that we can be aware of their unique needs.
Thank you for adoption, Lord.  Thank you that we are able to be parents, and provide a loving family for a child who needs one.  Thank you for adopting us into your family, making us coheirs with Christ, giving us an identity as your child. Thank you so much for all you are; merciful and good, loving and kind, and so much more than I can name.
Humbly I pray in your holy name,
Amen

*****

Now, I have to run.  Even though I know that our social worker wants to see us, not a perfect space, I still feel like it would be best to put away some laundry and run the vacuum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but let's keep 'em classy