Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Learn What I Learned: MercyFound Ministries

"Learn What I Learned" is an idea I've been swirling around.  I love reading blogs. And I love sharing what I read with anyone who will listen!  So, what if when I come across something I think you'd like to know, I just give you the link instead of trying to recreate the original words or ideas?  You get the benefit of discovering new authors, blogs, and resources.  I get to keep reading other blogs, learning new perspectives, and investing in new stories.  The linked blogs gain new audiences and encouragement.  

Win-win-win.  Trifecta!! :)

**** 

A few weeks ago, Kain and I were blessed to attend the Together for Adoption 2013 conference in Louisville, Kentucky. It was a rich time for us. Together we lifted our hands in worship, dug into the Word and it's lessons about adoption, and learned of resources for fundraising, support, and friendship. 

During the conference, I discovered MercyFound Ministries. Here's some info about them from the Together For Adoption website:

MercyFound Ministries was founded by three adoptive mamas who connected through each other’s blogs. From their experience, these ladies realized the potential for blogs to be so much more than just a place to share pictures and updates with family. Through connecting and networking with other adoptive moms in all stages of the adoption journey, these ladies found ways to use blogs and online networking as a means to minister to adoptive families and inspire others toward orphan care. This session will discuss using your words to encourage, support and minister to adoptive families as well as ways in which adoption ministry can be done right where you are.

And here is what they have to say about themselves! Love the action shot at the bottom.

We went to their breakout session about blogging your adoption story.  That half hour was the pat on the back I needed to start this blog.  Stephanie and Melissa were super entertaining and they have beautiful stories to boot!

I read a great post on MercyFound's blog today.  It's about questions. Although I'm certainly no expert, I have to assume that questions are a common theme in most family's adoption stories.  Even though we have only been actively going through this process for a few months, I already know that some questions are great, and some are uncomfortable and hard to answer.  Learn what I learned here

Thanks friends!
Come back next week to read about how our adoption process got kick-started a few months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but let's keep 'em classy