Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

APPROVED!!

Last week we sent off our application and a small application fee to our adoption agency.

It was so exciting to feel like we were taking a concrete step forward.  It felt like progress.

And then ... Yesterday ...

We got this!!!


We have been accepted by our agency.  Approved to adopt.

Such a surreal moment, so encouraging and totally motivating.

And terrifying.

We need  an initial installment of $3500 by December (other fees will be due later in the process) to attend the orientation meeting and be part of the December 5 start group.

Otherwise we have to wait until March 11.  
(Our agency accepts new applications four times a year, read more about that here)

We don't want to wait.

It seems overwhelming.  And it seems impossible.

Fortunately I know that we serve a God who is bigger than fees.  Bigger than my own doubts and insecurities.

So will you join me in praying that He would provide the money?   We believe that He can, we trust that He will.  And we know that on the other side, when people ask how we overcame this seemingly insurmountable feat we will have an answer - our God provides.

Thanks for walking with us through this process; I'm so thrilled to share this special day with you!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. We've never met but I wanted to reach out. I'm a co-worker of Shauna Ziegler and she sent me a link to your blog. My husband and I just adopted a little boy from China in August. He just turned 4 years old and his name is JiHua (sounds like Gee-Wah). I read your posts and just wanted to let you know that much of what you are feeling, saying, hearing is oh-so-familiar. "People will think you're crazy." Yup. Crazy in love with a little somebody out there. The road you are on and sometimes, it gets twisty and bumpy. Keep going. Our journey took about 2.5 years (ugh!) and was SO WORTH IT! I'd be happy to talk with you about our experience. Please email me your contact info at elizabeth.o'hara@kfoxtv.com My best to you and your hubby! Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Liz! I truly appreciate your encouraging words. Thank you for reaching out, look for my e-mail to the address you left!
      xo Kate

      Delete
  2. I've sat here and read most of your entries tonight. This is so beautiful, Kate! Thank you for sharing your story and congrats on being approved! I hope that you will soon meet your baby boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congratulations! One step down and now hopefully soon you'll be bringing home your baby and then the real fun starts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Can't wait for some real baby fun!! :)
      xo Kate

      Delete

Comments are great but let's keep 'em classy