Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Dear Baby...

See what Dear Baby is all about here

*****

Dear Baby,

Good morning sweet one!  I wish I knew what you were doing today.  Are you growing in a belly somewhere?  Are you being loved on by a foster family?  Are you genetic material waiting to create life? 
{uh -- I'll explain that one to you later.  Much later.}

Last night Aunt Megan and I were at a store and I found myself (as usual) in the baby section,  picking out clothes that I would buy for you if you were here.  I got a little teary, baby, while I was looking through those teeny tiny clothes.  My heart is longing for you to be here.  I am weary in the waiting.  I've dreamed of you for so long and it some days it feels like you will never be a reality.  

I want you to know, though, that I won't stop working.  And fighting.  And moving forward.  FOR YOU.  Ever.  And when you are here, I will still fight for you.  I will defend you.  I will protect you.  I will help you grow.  I will teach you and feed you and love you every minute of every day.  You are so wanted, baby.  You are already so loved.

Today I'm calling our agency to set up a meeting and take another step forward.  I can feel the momentum building, I can feel you getting closer.  And I'm so grateful.

Hopefully it's not too much longer.

Till then, my darling babe, rest and grow.

Always,
Mommy

*****

Have your own Dear Baby letter you'd like to share?  Let me know and we can start a Linky Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but let's keep 'em classy