Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Dear Baby...

When I first met "C" and thought that we were heading toward parenthood (read about that story here) I started a journal.  Every entry was a letter to our baby.  After that adoption fell through, I continued writing these letters.  We don't know who our baby is yet, but someday I want to share with him or her all of their story.  Their story started with "C" and that baby we never knew.  That is what gave us the kick-start we needed to get our adoption ball rolling.

So I thought I would start a weekly Dear Baby post.  A letter to my child, whoever and wherever he or she may be.  An honest look at my heart, and a record for them of how I'm feeling right now today.  

*****

Dear Baby,

Hi.  I miss you.  I don't even know you, but I miss you so much.  I'm thinking of you and praying for you every day.  I daydream about what you will look like and how you will enter our lives.  On this past Sunday, your dad and I sat in church with your cousins Sophie, Henry, and Asher, and a friend of theirs, Mia.  Daddy, me, and four little faces.  It was a glimpse of what could be.  It was renewed hope and motivation. 

I pray that you'll be here with us someday soon.  I pray that you'll know love, and joy, and comfort.  I pray that you will know how much we wanted you.  I hope you never feel unwanted.  We want you.  We long for you.  We will work hard to get you here.  We will fight for you. 

Wherever you are, baby, I love you.  You already have a place in my heart.  You already have an identity as my child, even if you aren't here yet.  I can't wait to hold you, kiss your baby cheeks, and whisper in your ear that I love every morsel of you.  I can't wait to introduce you to your family.  I can't wait to cuddle up as a family on Saturday mornings and revel in the peace of being together.  I can't wait to read you stories and tell you about Jesus.  I can't wait to hear you laugh.  

You are so special, baby.  You are ever so special.

Always,

Mommy

*****

Have your own Dear Baby letter you'd like to share?  Let me know and we can start a Linky Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but let's keep 'em classy