Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Project Thankful {1}

30 Days of Thankfulness has taken over my Facebook feed.  I love it! 30 days of people taking a moment to remember to be grateful.  I thought it would be nice to put something similar on this blog.  

My life is richly blessed.  We're not rolling in piles of cash, we haven't achieved every dream, we still long deeply for things we don't have.

But we are blessed.

We are loved by the Creator of the world, the King of Kings, the Prince of Peace. 

We have each other, for better or worse.

We have a roof over our heads and food in our pantry.  We have a pantry!

We are richly blessed.

That being said:

November 1, Friday: I'm thankful for my job.  Stressful, exhausting, frustrating.  Yet, an opportunity to serve people in their hour of vulnerability.  An opportunity to actually make a positive change in people's lives.  An opportunity to provide for my family.
{note to self: remember this when you are having a rough day}

November 2, Saturday:  I'm thankful Kain's sweet family.  We celebrated our first Christmas of 2013 on this day.  Gathering together before Kain's grandparents head to Florida for the winter (sunshine envy, hello!!).  Aunts, uncles, cousins, four generations in one house.  With three dogs.  And five kinds of dessert.  It was a grand day!

November 3, Sunday:  I'm thankful for my grandma.  She passed away on November 3 in 1999.  She was such a fabulous grandma.  She lived with my family for 20 years, helping my parents cook, clean, and care for their four children.  I wish I had learned more from her, made more of our time together.  I'm thankful for the memories, and the recipes, and the genetic connection.  Love you grandma.  And miss you madly.

November 4, Monday:  I'm thankful for surprise days off.  I was supposed to work this day, but got the magical call at 5:00 am that due to low census on my floor, I was being called off.  I used the time to do all kinds of fabulous things I never have time for on my scheduled days off.  Like putting away the laundry.

November 5, Tuesday:  I'm thankful for my quiet drive home.  We live about 40 minutes away from the hospital.  My 40 minutes in the evening gives me the chance to disentangle my mind from the hectic flurry of activity that was my last 12.5 hours.  Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I revel in the silence.  Sometimes I talk to Kain on the phone, sometimes I revel in the silence.  Sometimes I replay the events of the day over and over, sometimes I just revel in the silence.  

November 6, Wednesday:  I'm thankful for my Community Group.  I look forward to gathering with my friends every week, sharing a good meal, laughing and crying together.  We support each other, challenge each other, lift each other up in prayer.  We talk throughout the week, we walk through each other's highs and lows, we live life together.  We babysit for each other, hang out on the weekends, and call each other out when we need it.  I'm so thankful for these souls that reach into my life and allow me to reach into theirs. (And allow me to snuggle their sweet babies!!)

November 7, Thursday:  I'm thankful for my sisters.  Nancy, my sister by blood, and Megan, my sister by marriage.  They are so wonderful.  They are my shoulder's to cry on, the absorbers of my vent sessions, and the best girls to laugh-until-you-can't-breathe with.   They're some of my biggest cheerleaders and are stuck being my best friends for life.  I love you, girls.  

So that's it for this first week.  

What are you thankful for?? I'd love to hear all about it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great but let's keep 'em classy